Tuesday 18 June 2013

Babies Babies Everywhere

It is a commonly known fact that as soon as you start wanting something you see it everywhere and with this in mind I find myself comparing babies to Skodas.


You may scoff but I clearly remember deciding to purchase said car and in the weeks prior to collecting it I saw them everywhere.  Had there always been so many Skodas on the road or had I somehow tuned into a Skoda frequency whereby it was actually impossible for me not to see them? But not only did I see Skodas everywhere, I also felt a strange but strong connection to my fellow Skoda owners, a kinship if you like.


Sadly this is where the comparison ends as although it is true, I really do see pregnant women and babies everywhere, I have to admit to often feeling less of a kinship and at times more of a 'get out of my face' kind of a feeling to those flauntingly fertile females.

That said, it is important for me to clarify that these disagreeable feelings somehow don't apply to family members and friends who find themselves with child. Strange I know but absolutely true.

I had lunch with a very good friend the other day who lovingly suggested that it must be very difficult for me as my sister had recently had her first baby.  To this I was able to reply with full heart and clear conscience that actually no, it wasn't difficult at all.  I love babies and love to be around them but more than that I love my sister and my wants and her happiness are in no way mutually exclusive.  It also goes without saying that I love my nephew and fully intend to spoil him rotten in the months and years ahead...to be honest I can't get enough of him and that is just how it should be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment